Wednesday, July 16, 2014

By the powers vested in me by the State of Wisconsin (and the internet)...




As the result of many twists of fate, and by the powers vested in me by the State of Wisconsin (and the internet), on June 10th I officiated the first (and only) LEGAL(!) same-sex wedding in the history of Ashland County. I don't know if you can technically call it a shotgun wedding, given that neither of them was pregnant (and the fact that they'd been together for almost ten years), but it certainly was a wonderful whirlwind of a day. David, Teege & Logan were already a family, but to know that they're now on the road to having all the rights & privileges that so many others take for granted is amazing. I was humbled to be a part of it. (Also, I got to make a Melrose Place reference during the ceremony, which made it all the more timeless and elegant.)




No comments: