Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Happy Birthday, revisited.


So there was this.  Which turned out like this the next morning:





Seriously, the snow almost buried the crabapple tree in the backyard this year.  That's just ridiculous.

April 3rd was also the day that my childhood idol David Letterman announced his retirement, I had to cancel my birthday dinner due to the start of the snownami, and to really add insult to injury, it was the day my camera died, too.  At least that was serendipitous in a way, since it was the last day of my take-a-picture-every-day-for-a-year project...so it could've been worse?

Epilogue:  two days later, things got better WHEN I MET THE WIENERMOBILE.



And Pierre, the Pantsless Voyageur.  And a Sinclair dinosaur north of Duluth.  And giant icebergs at Brighton Beach.  (Photos borrowed/stolen from David, who's basically kind of like my personal paparazzo at this point.  Thanks, David!)

 





So yeah, in the grand scheme of things, it could've been a lot worse.  Happy Year #35.



No comments: