I didn't make any New Year's resolutions on New Year's Eve this year. But I did make some last year...how'd I do?
- Read 13 books in 2013. Oh, I failed. I failed miserably. Don't get me wrong -- I read a ton. I read magazines, I read online, I read stuff at work...but books? Actual books? I think I read two or three, tops.
- Keep diligently updating my 365 Pictures project. I did this! And liked it enough that I started another year of pictures on my birthday in April (and have kept it up every single day so far).
- Get around to watching the 17-disc set of The Complete Larry Sanders Show. Still sitting on my bookcase. But, I did start winding my way through the first two seasons of It's Garry Shandling's Show, so it's kind of a half-victory, right?
- Sort out my old pictures. Nothing! I did nothing!
- Crochet 13 things I've never made before. I did it, and even beat it by one. Great success!
- Procrastinate less. And be more spontaneous, too. This one's hard to measure, but I think I did alright. Maybe this year I should resolve to get less distracted, though, since I keep bouncing from project to project...
I think for 2014, I'll do the "14 in 2014" crocheting challenge again, ifonly to keep finding new ways to use up the insane amount of yarn in my stash. Maybe that's one way to harness my tendency to get distracted -- knowing there's always another new thing coming around the corner might be a way to harness my attention span for good instead of evil.