Tuesday, December 31, 2013

SNOWNAMI.


"'Twas a few days before Christmas, when way up in the sky
Mother Nature went apeshit and decided to dump almost thirty inches of snow on us in a 24-hour period."


No, that doesn't rhyme.  Kind of like how almost thirty inches of snow at once makes no rhyme nor reason.



When you walk out the door and find this, you barely know where to start.  Just grab a shovel and go.  When you get to a car, turn.  Be glad you have a snowblower around.  (And be thankful this particular storm dumped light, fluffy snow, and not wet, godawful heavy snow like during the last snownami.)



The drifts between the cars were almost 36 inches tall.  Sure, I'm short, but c'mon -- snow up to my waist is still a lot of snow.



Snowhawk on my car.



My brother Nick, after jumping off the deck.  I think it's a proven fact that you stand a better chance of surviving if you keep your sense of humor in these situations.



2 comments:

Nan said...

What? No roof shoveling scenes?

Think the most we've gotten at one shot so far this winter was about 18 inches in under 24 hours.

Mary said...

I can't believe I forgot the roof-raking shots! ;-)