Thursday, November 24, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: Days 16-24.


Day 16: Thankful to have some time to tinker on my crafty stuff after work.

Day 17: Thankful for this piece of ridiculousness.

Day 18: Thankful to have a good mechanic who figured out what was wrong with Bessy the Lumina (a leaking gasket), and who I know won't rip me off when the repair bill comes in.

Day 19: Thankful to sleep in today, and for not having to go anywhere as a very pretty 6-8 inches of snow fell from the sky (our first "big" snow of the season).

Day 20: Thankful for the snow plow drivers who cleared Highway 2 to Superior so I could shuttle my mom & Grandma Rosie to my brother's fiance's bridal shower. Also thankful for Chinese food and ice cream cake.

Day 21: Thankful to be able to come home from work and take a nap. Seriously, who doesn't love a good, solid nap?

Day 22: Today, we mourned the loss of Whitey the goldfish, the longest-living goldfish in the history of my mother's fish pond. However, we were thankful for Whitey's many years of fishly service (2006?-2011), and that he (she?) is off enjoying the great fish pond in the sky.

Munching on fish food.

Day 23: Thankful to dig out the Christmas trim at work and get it all put up after-hours. It makes the very brown room I sit in all day much more tolerable.

Day 24: I'm thankful for turkey and mashed potatoes and pie, and for a nice family to eat them with.


2 comments:

Ranger Bob said...

I need to find out more about gravy boat lighthouses.

Mary said...

That does sound right up your alley...let me know if you find anything in the log books! haha