Tuesday, November 15, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: Days 10-15.


Day 10: Thankful for a lazy night at home.

Day 11: Thankful for veterans like my dad. One serendipitous thing that came out of my moving to Montana back in the day was that my dad got to reconnect with an old Army buddy of his who lives near Billings -- they hadn't seen each other since they'd gotten out of the service after Vietnam.

Dennis in Vietnam, Christmas 1969.
(Christmas 1969 in Vietnam.)

Day 12: Thankful for a weekend in Wausau visiting Shannon and Brad, and for another great Cinematic Titanic show (this time, in Green Bay). Oh -- and for paninis! Delicious paninis.

Cinematic Titanic in Green Bay, 11/12/2011.

Day 13: Thankful that I followed my gut instinct to pull over and pop the hood when the "low coolant" light came on the dashboard on my way home from Wausau. Also: this marked the first time I've ever been thankful to find a Walmart (not much of anywhere else to buy coolant at 6:00 on a Sunday night in Minocqua).

Day 14: Thankful that I popped the hood on Bessy the Lumina this morning to check the coolant before I drove to work, otherwise the haphazard bits of seat stuffing the mice had assembled for their slumber party on the engine block the night before might have made for quite the fire hazard.

Day 15: Thankful that they had chocolate macaroon brownies at the bakery this morning.


No comments: