Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The time I went to Chicago for the weekend.


Georgia's been after me (in a nice way) to visit her down in Chicago since...well, since she moved to Chicago. Before that, she was after me about visiting her in Milwaukee while we were in college, and before that, about visiting her in Eau Claire. The only time I've ever made it down there was for her wedding a few years ago -- and that, understandably, was a bit of a whirlwind, what with her being a little busy getting married. Given that she put in the considerable effort required to visit me in Montana back-in-the-day, I owed her.

Finally -- no, really, finally -- I got to Chicago.

Blues Brothers at the airport. El Beanarino.
To boldly go... Looking north up the shoreline.

We ate Greek food, we checked out The Bean, we hit up most of the Museum of Science & Industry (by the way, if you ever get the chance to see the touring BodyWorlds exhibit, go, it's awesome), we did the Sears Tower thing (I know it's not actually called the Sears Tower anymore, but c'mon, the new name just doesn't stick the same way), we visited her parents (my brother Nick says thanks for the tie pin, by the way)...we went everywhere, man.

We also paid tribute to the city's mighty overlord.

"The tower is 313 Oprah Winfreys tall."

BOW BEFORE OPRAH (if you know what's good for you)!!!!!!!!!

Art-O-Mat. Eek.
Beneath the Bean. Spit.

More pictures & observations over here.

Dick Tracy!

No comments: