Friday, June 24, 2011

“It ran perfectly and had tons of leg room.”


I could go on and on about my longstanding love for The Adventures of Pete & Pete, but it's our first sunny day in a week so I feel like I should go outside and, like, be in the sun while I can. Who knows how long this'll last?

So for now, let me just say how hard I laughed when I re-watched "What We Did On Our Summer Vacation" a few years ago (when the show was in reruns on Noggin) and realized that the car they dig up on the beach is the same car I drove in high school.



(The fun starts at the 2:50 mark.)

Me & the Petes' dad shared a similar amount of enthusiasm for our Cutlass Supremes: "I got a Cutlass Supreme! It's got a radio, doo-doo-doo, windows! Headlights!"



Of course, by the time I was driving my '78 Olds Cutlass Supreme in the late 90s, I wouldn't necessarily have selected words like "style, value and good gas mileage" to describe it. But to steal a line from Big Pete, "It ran perfectly and had tons of leg room." (Except for the part about it running perfectly.)

(Special thanks to the AV Club for reminding me about this.)


No comments: