Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Thirty Days of Music: Day Twenty-Three.


Day 23 -
A song that you want to play at your wedding: "Beer Barrel Polka"



I have these vague recollections of a wedding I went to out in Moquah when I was a little kid - I don't remember whose it was (a friend of my mother's, I think?), and I don't recall how old I was, but there are little details that still stand out. The bride dancing around the beer hall with no shoes on, my grandma stuffing me full of wedding cake, drinking pop out of big plastic cups, dancing the butterfly polka with my cousins, running around on the playground by the town hall as the sun set...it was laid-back, relaxed, and really fun. If I ever get married, that's definitely the vibe I'll be going for, and nothing says fun in Wisconsin like the "Beer Barrel Polka." You can't have a proper wedding without it!


1 comment:

mmkastern said...

Not sure How I stumbled onto your blog, FB I think? But I was checking it out and you are so right.. this song reminds me of my aunt and uncle hopping around out on the dance floor at what was probely a wedding too! Augh the memories of days gone by