Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thirty Days of Music: Day Two.


Day Two -
Your least favorite song: "Cotton Eye Joe" by Rednex



(Don't click on it. Just don't. I'm sorry for even bringing it up.)

Yesterday, I wrote about how sometimes it's hard to quantify why you love something the way you do. Well, on the flip side of that coin, it's easy - really easy - for me to quantify my hatred for "Cotton Eye Joe." Let me count the ways...
  1. The incessant hoedown-ing;
  2. The gross exploitation of rednecks;
  3. All that wasted straw!;
  4. The fact that this performance is apparently taking place in the middle of a crowded discotheque and that people are dancing enthusiastically to it;
  5. The gratuitous and inexplicable "No Sex Allowed" sign at the 1:29 mark;
  6. That I watched the video closely enough to notice #5;
  7. The screeching Tori Amos-wannabe intermittently flitting about like a banshee;
  8. The goddamned idiot sitting in the back pounding the crap out of that big bass drum with "RED NEX" painted on it;
  9. The Bee Gees reject at 2:24 staring at the buxom bullriding girl;
  10. THAT IT EXISTS AT ALL.


No comments: