Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Thirty Days of Music: Day Sixteen.


Day 16 -
A song that you used to love but now hate: "Da Da Da" by Trio



"Hate" is too strong a word - I don't hate this song. I just got sick of it. I heard it on a Volkswagen commercial in the mid-90s (which was memorably spoofed in a Spin City promo, but alas, I can't seem to find that online anywhere), and, in a sign of the times, actually bought the album instead of just downloading the single off the internet. Just like the pioneers! I think I even bought it at a Sam Goody in Eau Claire or Madison on a school trip, surely meaning I paid much more for it than it was possibly worth. (Am I the only one who didn't feel bad when Sam Goody went under? Their prices were ridonkulous.)

Actually, this clip is pretty awesome, and may go a long way toward making me love that song again. Or, well, tolerate it, at least.

P.S. I learned the following on Wikipedia: the band referred to their sound as the "New German Cheerfulness," and the drummer often played one-handed while eating an apple. It's official, I like them again.



No comments: