Monday, December 13, 2010

Thirty Days of Music: Day One


There's a meme floating around on Facebook encouraging people to post a YouTube video every day (for thirty days) in response to various music-related prompts...I've really enjoyed reading my friends' responses so far, so I thought I'd dip a toe in, too. (Let's see if I have the attention span to follow through on this 'til the end.)

Day One -
Your favorite song: "To the Dogs or Whoever" by Josh Ritter



I've heard this song a thousand times, and it's never gotten old. I hope it never does.

There are so many things I love about it, and about Josh Ritter's music in general, but ultimately, it's still hard to quantify why something's your favorite, isn't it? There's a nameless element to it that either lights a spark in you, or it doesn't. This one sparks for me every time I hear it.



No comments: