Tuesday, August 31, 2010

L.A.-la land, pt. 3: "You WILL catch the bouquet and I WILL be your DJ!"


And so we come to the reason for our visit to Los Angeles: Jamie & John's wedding!

1st dance.

The ceremony was at Jamie's family's church, and the reception was at a gorgeous place in Marina del Rey called Shanghai Red's. It had the coolest entryway I've ever seen.

Spending some more quality time with the Shanghai Red's scenery.

Fish pond.

Pretty! And this is the view from behind the building...

Marina del Rey.

It was like sitting in a postcard. A postcard...with a smorgasbord.

Holy freakin' tasty. Smorgasbord.

My favorite part was when the DJ called Jamie out to do the traditional tossing-of-the-bouquet, and then he proceeded to spend about two minutes explaining it to everyone. Everyone was looking at each other, like, dude, we know. I don't remember exactly how it happened, but I know by the end of his speech Regina and I kept turning to each other and saying, "You will catch the bouquet and I will be your DJ!" and it still makes me laugh whenever I think about it.

Jamie was way more patient than I would've been.

After that, the DJ retreated to his station and his big heap of CDs, and balance was restored to the universe.

Yo, DJ!

It was so fun and beautiful and delicious, and I'm so glad we were there for Jamie's big day.

Jamie & Regina.

Yay, wedding!

No comments: