Sunday, May 30, 2010

Police blotter.


Sunday, 2:25 P.M.: Report of bear in tree with kids taking pictures and "bothering" animal.

Monday, 1:31 A.M.: Report of subject stuck in a chute on the oredock.

Monday, 9:10 P.M.: Report of animal digging holes in yard, possibly a badger. Update: Animal was a badger.

Thursday, 6:21 P.M.: Caller reported 6 to 8 scantily-dressed young males who ran onto her property and out into her pond, at Houghton Falls Road.

Friday, 12:07 A.M.: Rooster crowing complaint. Update: Unable to locate rooster.

Saturday, 12:46 P.M.: Report of large group of motorcyclists heading for Bayfield, some of whom flipped off caller as they passed her.

Saturday, 7:48 P.M.: Report of mattress on fire.


2 comments:

nicka29 said...

Monday 910 should get a prize for identifying a badger. That's like the first instance ever in the blotter where "possibly an X" turned out to be X. However I'm taking the prize away for calling the cops - what do you expect them to do about it?

Mary said...

It never ceases to amaze me what people will call the cops for.

Sidenote: I'm not sure if this survived the purging I did right before I moved back from Montana, but I just remembered the other day that I had a BIG file folder full of police blotter clippings my mom mailed me while I lived out there...somewhere in there was the one about a pie being stolen from a windowsill. Oh, to get my hands on those again... haha