Tuesday, February 16, 2010

“You are now officially hypnotized in the State of Rhode Island.”


One of my all-time favorite episodes of The Simpsons was the time Lisa gave Ralph Wiggum a pity Valentine ("I choo-choo-CHOOSE you!")...and one of my favorite details in that episode was the recurring joke where the local radio DJ kept accidentally playing the "Monster Mash" on Valentine's Day. Now, my Valentine's Day doesn't feel complete without a little "Monster Mash." Or a "Happy Love Day!" reference.



Years later, I was introduced to Mr. Show...and this. This is something I can watch over and over and it never, ever stops being funny.



And ever since I first saw that Mr. Show bit, I laugh every single time I hear this line in the "Monster Mash": "The guests included Wolf Man/Dracula, and his son." I can't really explain why, but for some reason, the act of listing guests at a monster party literally makes me laugh out loud. Every time.


No comments: