Thursday, July 20, 2006

Nobody, no, nobody is gonna rain on my parade!

A representative smattering of photos from the perennial wonder that is the Ashland 4th of July parade:

Left: What do you do when you can't get Brett Favre to come to your parade? You do that.

Below left: To quote my mom, "I think you probably have to be blond to ride that float."

Below right: Gary LaPean on his stilts--he's been doing that for as long as I can remember.


Below: Inexplicable renaissance fair people! Knights...and a pirate strumpet? Where did they come from? I thought the nearest renaissance fair was down in the Twin Cities...? People dressed up as voyageurs and lumberjacks, we're used to--but not so much the pirate strumpets.

Left: Waylon & Willie. They're donkeys. My mom knows them. That's almost like knowing a celebrity or something.

Left: Another entry in a little game around here we like to call, "Can I buy a vowel?"

No comments: