Thursday, October 27, 2005

The songs are...interesting, especially once the CDs start getting out of synch (I don't know how that happens, but it does). There's moments of your basic guitar/piano/vocals pop, but those moments usually morph pretty quickly into sounds of cars, airplanes, distortion, buzzing (Sarah screamed, "The bees! The bees!"), and not to give anything away or anything, but the last track ultimately breaks down into a cacophony of dogs barking. Kind of unnerving normally, but especially when you're listening to it in ultra-surround-sound in a darkened room.

Now that I've experienced it, the only word I can think to describe listening to this is "bizarre." Not in a bad way ("Different isn't bad, it's just different"), but well, as Sarah described it, "This is music that people on drugs make, and music that people on drugs listen to." And I think she's probably right about that. (Note: we are not on any drugs. Except caffeine. And chocolate.)

I've got to say, it's a pretty cool concept, and it while it isn't something I'm going to start making all my friends listen to when they come over, it did give a good Halloween-sorta-vibe to tonight.

Sarah and Nick, enjoying some Chipper sandwiches...and the music. (Well, Sarah's kind of enjoying it, I think, despite the cringing.)

No comments: