Sunday, October 23, 2005

20,000 Leagues Under the Northland


This past week, worlds collided as I made an epic journey down to the southlands of Wisconsin to visit with two special guests in from Montanny--Emily & Owen! Let me tell you, it ain't easy for a bunch of country bumpkins to adapt to the fast-paced life of southern Wisconsin (nor their tailgating, speeding ways along the highways--seriously, people, simmer down!), but we did our best by immersing ourselves in eating, visits to Target, and even a frightening walk around a suburban mall. I can't decide what warped me against suburban living more--my upbringing in the middle of nowhere, or my four years in Montana. Needless to say, I won't be moving down there anytime soon, well, unless some graduate school down there wants to give me lots of money to do so. But that remains to be seen. :+)

3 comments:

LC said...

if that is not the cutest photo.

Mary said...

Did I mention that I taught Owen to say "I'm PRECIOUS!" in a really sarcastic little two-year-old voice last week? :+)

(I also taught him to say "NO COMMENT!" when people were asking him difficult questions. He's officially ready for his political career now, I think...)

LC said...

i almost want a kid right now, just because that is so hilarious.